Thursday, September 28, 2017

Reply to comments on “ዝምድና ተዃሉ ዴሞክራስን መዝሙር ኣባጊዕ ፖለቲካን”



Reply to comments on “ዝምድና ተዃሉ ዴሞክራስን መዝሙር ኣባጊዕ ፖለቲካን”
When I write I want words to become alive, I want them to dance with me, I want them to breathe my breath, feel my anger, share my disgust, I want them to become me. Getting them to do these in English is hard, in Tigrigna even harder. I write in my mother tongue not out of fear that I’d lose it but because I enjoy it. I speak not to make people feel better but to make them think, I write not massage their egos but to crash them, I share my writings not to comfort ideals but to confront reality (whatever that is), I invite people inside my head not to show myself but themselves, (absurd, right?) I speak without filters not because I don’t know ethics but because I’m tired of masks.
It seems (according to the comments) some egos are not happy with what I’ve got to say about politics. I thought we came here to discuss ideas not motives, to enrich our minds not trade insults. Why is my tone more important to you than my argument, my choice of words more “questionable” than my substance? Can’t I be bitchy, angry, sarcastic, and pompous while being reasonable at the same time? Don’t I have the right to change my tone as I pleased as long as I’m bulleting my arguments? Do I have to play nice if I want to play at all? As long as I don’t make personal attacks, can’t I take dump on your ideas? Can’t I assume I’m the center of the world? Don’t we all feel as if we are far better than we actually are? Can’t I paint the world however it suits me?
Feeling FRENCHY what if I publicly bareback your knowledge? Cum your noble values? Finger your philosophy? Peg your principles? What then? What if I “dildoed” your arguments? Are you still going to cry about it? If you want fair then life is the wrong game for you because then just to puff my ego I’ll molest your motive and violate your attitude in front of you. Then what? Are you going to shout foul? Discussing ideas means walking ego naked in front of a crowd, or is it?
My dear friends, if my tone and choice of words displeases you then what should I do? How would you have me then? If you can’t handle people “fisting” your ideas then how are we supposed to discuss ideas? If people gang-raping your stance hurts you, then how can we exchange ideas? If I don’t play according to your rules, does that make me a bad player? If I practice dishonesty, does that make me less human? Whose ideas do I have to handjob to become a good member of this group? Can’t my words be as colorful as my thoughts? If I want to fifty-shade an idea, do I have to make it like anyone’s? How does my being new here make my ideas less valid? An old donkey is still a donkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ሸለል ዝኣዘዘልካ ሰብ BLOCK ምግባር ፍትሓዊ ድዩ፧

September 22, 2017 “Block This Person” ትብል መልጐም ናይ ፌስቡክ abuse ካብ ዝገብሩዋ ሰባት ሓንቲ’የ። እንታይ ደኣ’ሞ ክንገብር፡ ዕሸላት እንተበዚሖም filter ምግባር ኣገዳሲ ክኸውን...